Growing your gaming company means a constant effort to attract new players and build loyalty among your existing ones. Competition is fierce, and it’s all too easy for players to switch to another provider.
Unless of course, you have an unbeatable player reward programme.
To do that, you need to offer real, relevant rewards that stand out to new players and keep existing ones coming back again and again.
With our experience working alongside some of the biggest gaming providers in the world, we know the rewards that work best for player loyalty.
Let’s start with the elephant in the room.
For console gaming
There’s no doubt that gaming consoles are the most sought after, most in-demand rewards for any incentive programme – not just those specific to the gaming sector. But the question is, do you want to encourage your players to spend time gaming away from your organisation?
The more they play on a PlayStation or Xbox, the less likely they are to play on your site, right?
That’s one approach to take, and a reason why you may want to avoid offering consoles as a player reward. But on the flip side, gamers are gamers. They’re likely to be buying and playing these consoles regardless, so if they get them as a reward from you, you’ll earn their loyalty.
As long as the gaming experiences are diverse, you shouldn’t need to worry. You could offer your players:
- PS5 – Arguably the number one games console in the world, closely followed by the…
- Xbox Series X – Another equally desired console that’ll go down a storm with players
- Nintendo Switch – Perfect for a lower priced reward and a great hand-held option for players
- Oculus Quest 2 – For a unique VR gaming experience, the Oculus Quest is simple and popular
For more comfortable gaming
A comfortable gaming setup is essential for any serious player, but even more casual gamers have come to appreciate the value of an optimised computer environment after two years of working from home.
So any gifts, rewards and incentives that improve the comfort of desks and the ergonomics of gaming are certain to be popular. They include:
- Gaming chairs – Engineered for total comfort and long nights gaming, many office workers are choosing these for their day to day tasks too
- Hoodies and robes – For total comfort any time of day, oversized hoodies and robes are a popular choice for player rewards, and they can be customised to boost your brand recognition
- Anti-glare glasses – Protect your players eyes with blue light blocking, anti-glare glasses that help them stay focused
- Natural light desk lamp – That eye care goes one step further with dimmable, natural light emitting LED desk lamps that are a great option to illuminate gaming stations and work desks
- Variable desks – For the more health conscious, desks that can be raised to a standing position will be extremely appealing
For more enhanced gaming
As well as a comfortable setup, your players are also going to be looking for anything that delivers the optimum experience.
Rewards that boost the quality and immersiveness of their game time will always prove relevant and appreciated, including:
- PC monitors – Any screen with high refresh rates and a high quality display will suit gamers, and there are dozens of options to choose from
- Gaming mice and keyboards – Successful gaming requires keyboards and mice optimised for the task, and these peripherals will always be in demand
- Webcams – Streaming those victories on Twitch needs a hiqh quality camera, so 1080HD is a must
For home fitness and wellbeing
Lockdown hasn’t just seen a surge in gamers and Twitch streams. It’s also driven a huge rise in home health and fitness, and your players will also be looking for any rewards that can support their exercise regime.
Some of the most popular player loyalty programmes offer a wide range of workout equipment and associated tech as part of their rewards, including:
- Exercise bikes – Such as those that can be easily folded away for storage when not it use
- Fitness watches – Whether it’s Apple, Fitbit or Garmin, or any other brand, offering a range of wearable tech for workouts will be relevant for your players
- Muscle rollers and massagers – Long hours gaming can result in sore necks and backs, so any type of massage device is likely to prove popular
Although some of the rewards here might fall into the upper end of your loyalty point reward categories, there are plenty of lower budget options, particularly when it comes to helping your players stay refreshed.
There rewards will remind your players of your business whenever they eat or drink and include:
- Stainless steel cups – Keep those teas and coffees warm at your players desk with an insulated mug…
- Hydrate water bottles – … and help players stay hydrated with large water bottles that remind you to drink
- Cup warmers – If your players prefer the mugs they have already, these USB cup warmers always go down well
- Mini fridges – And for keeping drinks cold, a mini fridge just within arms’ reach helps players keep gaming without needing to get up
Give players a choice of rewards and keep them playing
With so many relevant rewards to choose from, the secret to winning and keeping players is choice.
The freedom for players to pick their own rewards from an extensive selection.
With Gift & Go’s Amazon Business integration, it’s super simple and highly effective for your incentive and loyalty reward schemes to give your players a choice of thousands of relevant rewards every time.
See how it works for your players.
Apply for a free trial or book a demo and claim your free gift.